Deadline: 3 June 2016
Open Society Foundations (OSF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Administrative Specialist in New York, United States.
The Program Administrative Specialist will be responsible for identifying problems and resolving them in consultation with others and, as necessary, with guidance from a supervisor.
OSF works to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Administrative Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provides advanced administrative support for grant making activities, engagement of consultants, and/or other program functions by performing operational work that helps achieve the goals/plans of the Open Society Education Support Program.
- Reviews reports and other documents submitted by grantees and consultants for compliance, accuracy, and readability.
- Assists with processing grants as well as identifying and implementing grants-related best practices.
- Provides administrative support to program staff based in New York, including support with travel arrangements and processing expense reports.
- Assists in complex events planning and managing related travel, logistics, and budgets, including but not limited to meetings of the General Education Advisory Board.
- Provides complex grant making or other data review and visualization.
- Manages New York based team’s budgets, including planning, tracking, and variance monitoring and reporting.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education.
- 3-5 years experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role.
- Experience in project management, including managing consultants and developing and managing project budgets.
- Experience managing complex logistics and event planning preferred.
- Administrative experience at a large and complex organization.
- Experience with record keeping, budgeting management, and finance administration is important.
- Experience with multi-tasking and working independently on complex administrative tasks is necessary in this role.
- Experience making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive and confidential issues is useful.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit OSF.