International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Division.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Type memos, letters or other documents (research papers, discussion papers or proposals) as needed. Compose routine correspondence for division staff.
- Prepare hotel and travel requests for staff and visitors, assist in coordinating visa applications, request for itineraries, and issuance of air and/or train tickets, cash advances/honoraria, and preparation of travel expense reports.
- Coordinate with Travel Office & Accounting for processing travel requests and prepare travel expense follow up.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including lunches, meetings and conferences.
- Maintain adequate supply of commonly used/requested items for the department’s use.
- Create and maintain a complete, updated and functional filing system for Divisional records and perform periodic filing of documents and archiving.
- Maintain contact database, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of training materials.
Applicants must have-
- High School diploma and minimum 1 year of administrative work experience.
- Experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Word and Outlook, required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-cultural, fast-paced work environment.
- Familiarity with Internet, Microsoft Excel and Power Point desirable.
- Excellent typing skills required: 50-65 wpm preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Fluency in foreign language other than English desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.