Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Director in New Haven, United States.
The Program Director will provide leadership and strategic guidance for IPA’s work in the sector, act as a thought partner to key donors, practitioners and researchers in this space, and represent IPA in high-level conversations with key stakeholders in the financial sector.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Director will perform the following functions-
- Guide the development of IPA’s research and policy work in Financial Inclusion.
- Work with the Program’s Academic Leads and key partners to identify evidence gaps and areas to expand the Program’s influence and contributions.
- Pursue opportunities to support relevant research to address priority questions for industry and policy.
- Lead partnerships with key Program partners and donors, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Expand the Program’s network of researchers and partners.
- Represent IPA in seminal policy events and meetings with key stakeholders in the financial sector.
- Manage a team of 12 research and policy staff based in the US working across several research initiatives and replication projects.
- Ensure that Program staffs have the resources they need to be effective in their work.
- Potential for producing original research and policy outputs, in collaboration with leading researchers.
- Frame the Program’s policy and communication agenda around research results.
- Actively seek new venues where the Program can disseminate its research and policy findings.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, Business or International Development required.
- 6-10 years of work experience in development/development research.
- Experience conducting or reviewing quantitative research and randomized controlled trials.
- Prior experience managing a team, and demonstrated team-building, and people management skills.
- Experience in retail banking, microfinance, or digital financial services a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.