Deadline: 19 April 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support the development of the Investment plan with Conservation Finance Alliance.
- Support calls for proposals, reviews with Global Team and the scientist advisory group, provides input and recommendations on proposals and coordinates submission to the Executive Board.
- Liaise with Investment Window partners on all programming aspects.
- Follow up on projects implementation status, flagging issues and managing risk, missions to project sites to assess progress towards objectives, adherence to ESG and workplan, and provides feedback on progress.
- Contribute to the development of the Fund’s results-based management system.
- Coordinate with M&E and scientist experts mobilized by UNEP.
- Liaise with UN Agencies and other partners regarding relevant co-financing such as the GCF submission and the Joint SDG Fund.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Marine sciences, Development Studies, Public Administration and/or other relevant field.
- At least 2 year’s relevant experience at the national or international level in Marine Conservation, Programme Management and innovative financial solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Prior experience with Innovative UN financial mechanisms.
- Previous field experience in Marine Protection innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of and previous experience in UNDP and/or another UN entity is desired.
- Strong command of English, is essential.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English and 2nd UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.