Deadline: 23 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Operations Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 5 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Operations Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assist Project Managers in the implementation of the projects and activities across the full spectrum of the UNAOC pillars of activity based on the organization’s strategic action plan.
- Liaise with UNOPS office on execution of any UNAOC related operational issues.
- Assist in reviewing internal and external policies and administrative procedures for the AOC Secretariat.
- Coordinate travels of the participants/invitees of UNAOC related meeting/event and engage as needed to resolve any logistical issues.
- Assist programme staff with logistical arrangements of UNAOC related event/meeting on international or local level.
- Provide assistance in quality control for all received payment requests: documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment has been provided.
- Proper budget activities are used.
- Certification of services rendered/goods delivered and invoices duly approved.
- Payment to the vendors is in compliance with terms and conditions of an agreement.
- Liaise with UNOPS on travel claims and other payments to UNAOC staff, vendors and other claimants.
- On the basis of UNOPS data, assist project managers to draft ad-hoc, quarterly and yearly updates on projects implementation.
- Assist in drafting UNAOC annual corporate budget estimates.
- Assist Project Managers to conduct studies to improve cost-effective utilization of project resources and assist them to generate progress reports.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in business administration, management, economics or related field is required.
- 2 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, project/programme management or related area at the international level is required.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
- Knowledge and experience in UN rules and procedures are assets.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of basic MS office applications.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.