Deadline: 4 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management:
- Ensure that Polio teams are strengthened by internal information flow, ensure knowledge management initiatives are aligned, data collection is achieved using corporate systems, polio lessons learned exchanges and other organizational KM initiatives are in line with UNICEF supported systems.
- Programme Development and Management:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development. Administer a consistent and transparent monitoring system providing accurate analysis of country level socio-political economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Optimum Use of Programme Funds
- Assist in establishing programme work plans and monitors progress and compliance.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertake field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- Assure the quality of child rights-based programmes through consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in any of the following fields Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience in Programme Planning & Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience of working in a developing country.
- Experience of working with UNICEF or any UN agency, as an asset.
- Background/familiarity with emergency, as an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.