Deadline: 1 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide Technical Leadership and Support the Development, Scale up and Roll out of the Learning Passport:
- Coordinate implementation activities in all Learning Passport countries.
- Support Learning Passport communities:
- Guide and maintain Learning Passport user, administrator, and project management communities.
- Collaboration with ROs and ICTD teams, scope product requirements and toolset integrations that meet articulated needs of Learning Passport communities.
- Manage Learning Passport deployment staff
- Perform regular and ad hoc supervision activities of global Learning Passport deployment team, ensuring high quality technical outputs of team member activities and tasks.
- Strategy and capacity development
- Collaborate with CO, RO and HQ in providing technical guidance, analyzing and advising representatives and country teams on the development of appropriate education policies, strategies and implementation frameworks to deliver a comprehensive package of education services, relevant to the educational needs, national policies and overall Learning Passport portfolio and strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, economics, business, technology, statistics, communication, international development, social policy, or another relevant field.
- 8 year’s professional work experience at international and national levels in Technology for Development (T4D) and/or information system development, including mobile and web-based applications, with manifested capacity to manage programmes involving many stakeholders.
- Specific experience on ICT for learning or digital learning is a requirement.
- Experience in enterprise technology deployments an advantage.
- Experience working with various stakeholders in a global organisation as well as ministerial counterparts is an advantage.
- Experience at country-level leading education technology deployments is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.