Deadline: 11 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in New York, United States.
The Project Assistant will prioritize tasks and organize work independently based on general direction from the supervisor and carries out a broad range of activities related to the smooth running of the ECM project.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Draft ECM project documents, presentation, reports and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Research, analyze, verify, synthesize and compile qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources relevant to the project.
- Coordinate inputs from various project stakeholder and follows up on the preparation of reports.
- Participate in project cost estimates, budget analysis and projects, as required.
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information in support of UNICEF’s ECM project efforts.
- Draft correspondence/communications/documentation, briefing notes and reports contributing to the achievement of project objectives.
- Maintain project document repository, including project team site.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar.
- Organize and manage project-related meeting logistics including taking responsibility for finalization of meeting agenda, invitations, reserving meeting locations/conference rooms, the production and distribution of documentation (including meeting reports).
- Provide administrative support for travel, recruitment of consultants.
- Monitor project budgets and financial expenditures, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of Secondary Education (e.g. High School Diploma) is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the area of administrative support services, including work experience is required.
- Prior experience in managing office processes and events for a fast-paced programme team with multiple demands is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) and in corporate financial systems is required.
- Passing the GGST Exam (Global General Service Test) or UN ASAT in English is required.
- Non-US candidates must be in possession of a US G4 visa or be a US permanent resident/citizen.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.