Deadline: 1 July 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Advisor in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Provide advice, strategic direction, and technical oversight for the implementation of selected COVID-19 Projects manage the day-to-day operations guided by project documents provide any necessary amendments to ensure efficient execution of the projects.
- Prepare terms of reference and specifications for key inputs including personnel, contracts, training and procurement, in coordination with relevant entities, as necessary ensure that the monitoring and administration of terms and awards are included ensure all appropriate approvals are received in accordance with established protocols.
- Advise and guide the negotiation and finalization of all agreements with partners, ensuring that all applicable rules are observed ensure implementation in accordance with project objectives and targets.
- Update the project implementation plan on a regular basis include schedule of activities and deliverables, procurement and logistics revise project activities with key PAHO stakeholders to ensure an updated and shared understanding of the logical framework and information needs.
- Monitor the parameters established in the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (M&E).
- Monitor the adequate implementation of the components of the Project facilitate technical analysis of progress, identify obstacles, and propose changes in the interventions, if required, to meet agreed upon results.
- Support the financial management and administration of the project, including the preparation of the annual progress and financial reports to the donor.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health or social science or a field related to the functions of the post, and a Master’s Degree in project management, public health, or related field from a recognized university.
- Specialize training in project management would be an asset.
- 9 year’s combined national and international experience in project and/or program management, including at least 3 year’s management experience with direct responsibility for managing financial resources.
- Proven experience in program management, and/or immunization projects would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge and skills in public health administration, immunization, project planning and results-based management, including grant and financial management.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, including demonstrated advanced capacity for writing in English demonstrated proficiency in the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Project would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of French or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.