Deadline: 23 September 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Unit Associate in Virginia, United states.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Management Unit Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide overall project management support for assigned country portfolio
- Lead, under direction of supervisor, procurement and supply chain backstopping project activities.
- Manage and conduct recruitment efforts for the assigned countries and source candidates for a variety of field positions.
- Lead budget monitoring, correct allocation of expenses, level-of-effort utilization, invoices, subcontractors costs, expense reports, deliverables, etc to monitor compliance with contract and Chemonics’ regulations.
- Support communication to field teams, within the Portfolio, and across Country Programs project management teams and GHSC-PSM’s prime contract team.
- Process field reports, including time and expense reports and other country-related reports.
- Coordinate travel, visa processing, travel advancements, vendor payment requests, invoicing, approvals, and update trackers for assigned countries.
- Draft and manage country-specific employment agreements, approval requests, sub-TOs, and stand-alone subcontracts.
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s prime contract team on prime contract administration and subcontract-related matters, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with country team and project management unit team members to compile agendas for weekly teleconference and other project-related meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Experience in supply chain/procurement, or one of our main health areas (HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, Zika, family planning and reproductive health) strongly preferred.
- Experience of USAID contracting backstopping is preferred.
- Ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail.
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- Ability to work on one or more projects and provide support to proposals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English required and secondary language fluency, particularly in French, highly preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.