Deadline: 24 December 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Security Manager in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Regional Security Manager will perform following functions-
- Security Risk Management and Analysis
- Monitor the security situation and provide analysis with the goal of identifying trends and predicting the specific conditions that would impact on the security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets and resources globally.
- Review and monitor country security documentation to ensure the requirements are reasonable, appropriate and in line with the Security Risk Management (SRM).
- Programmatic Security Information and Analysis
- Provide analysis in order to understand global and regional level dynamics, particularly when addressing issues of terrorism, inter-tribal conflict and population movements.
- Ensure the analysis addresses environmental, socio-economic and political factors that make geographical areas difficult to access and have an impact on the delivery of UNICEF programmes, particularly in areas deemed security compromised.
- Security Advice to HQ, ROs and COs
- In cooperation with the UNICEF PSC, provides security advice and guidance to HQ and designated Regional and Country Offices, with the aim of ensuring that staff security is mainstreamed and considered as a core component of all activity.
- Provide support to UNICEF Senior Managers and Representatives in designated countries to detect evolving security situations and assists them in the development of appropriate preparedness, prevention and response measures.
- In emergency and crisis situations, will provide immediate technical advice to support and assist in critical decision making and implementation of immediate strategies to safeguard UNICEF staff and assets.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An Advanced University Degree in a discipline related to Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security or Counter Terrorism.
- Substantial relevant qualifying experience and training may be considered in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- First university degree with additional 2 years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with security risk management in a UN context.
- Demonstrated international security management experience in UNICEF and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.