Deadline: 13 June 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Analyst in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Research Analyst will provide general ad hoc analytical and research support to the gender team of the Poverty and Equity Practice in ECA as required by business needs.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support research and/or operational activities on poverty and inequality.
- Undertake data harmonization and quality control of household surveys and other data sources.
- Perform econometric and statistical analyses in support of operational and advisory services and analytical work.
- Produce a variety of visualizations that illustrate and help uncover patterns in the underlying data.
- Assist economists in performing research and drafting results and briefs.
- Present results, participate in missions, and interact with clients at a technical level.
Applicants must have-
- PhD in Economics, Economic Policy or equivalent, or MA plus additional experience.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting operational activities (organization of workshops/dissemination events, surveys, policy dialogue).
- Demonstrated experience working across boundaries, sharing own perspective and willingly considering diverse perspectives.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and experience in the following areas:
- Poverty and labor markets.
- Econometrics and quantitative analysis of household surveys including panel data.
- Computer programming (preferably STATA).
- Knowledge of written and spoken Russian will be considered a plus.
- English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.