International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Assistant in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Research Assistant will work with David Laborde and GRP 2 team and assist senior researchers in implementing data analysis and economic modeling activities.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist with collection, categorization, documentation, and cleaning of primary data and secondary data from various sources, particularly for agricultural, biofuels and energy commodities.
- Assist with economic modeling (partial equilibrium and/or computable general equilibrium models). On occasion, actual coding and modification of existing model code will be called for.
- Work with the simulation outputs of models when needed and perform the compilation and write-up of results.
- Assist with the preparation of tables and graphs, visual presentations, discussion papers, and project research reports.
- Carry out literature reviews on topics related to biofuels, agricultural and energy policy, as needed, and synthesize findings. On occasion, co-authorship of research papers and journal articles will be required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Economics or closely related field.
- Experience in data processing, analysis and management, including manipulation of large datasets.
- Experience in economic modeling (either partial equilibrium or computable general equilibrium models with GAMS).
- Previous experience working on computable general equilibrium modeling.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and culturally diverse teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time.
- Ability to research highly technical topics in economics, agricultural and energy policy and to learn new topics quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to write research papers with high degree of independence and creativity.
- Familiarity with issues related to biofuels, agriculture and energy markets and relevant policy environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, GAMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.