Deadline: 31 May 2016
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research & Training Coordinator in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Research & Training Coordinator will be accountable to work across various functions within the Research and Knowledge Management Department and other Departments to assess the best strategy for building the capacity of research staff globally.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research & Training Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Lead and manage the development of research resources for IPA’s research staff and partners to ensure that IPA’s research projects are utilizing the most effective and innovative research methodologies.
- Coordinating team members across the Research and Knowledge Management Department, other Departments at IPA and external partners in order to keep existing research resources updated and to develop new and innovative research resources.
- Provide active leadership and support for IPA’s strategy in capacity building and onboarding of global research staff.
- Lead administration of and ensure quality for the Research Review Committee at IPA.
- Review research design for expedited projects and inform the Research Manager/Senior Director of projects that require in-depth internal review.
- Monitoring and responding to feedback about all of the above, creating feedback loops and a culture of continuous progress and improvement.
- Making regular progress reports to the Research Manager and the Senior Director, Research and Knowledge Management.
- Maintaining and/or developing required skills for successfully fulfilling job responsibilities.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy or related fields.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of working in an international research organization, required.
- Knowledge of data management and use of STATA required.
- Knowledge of and interest in research design for randomized controlled trials required.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience conducting field research in developing countries is required.
- Knowledge of CAI platforms preferred, if not an interest and willingness to learn is required.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills (emphasis on presentation skills) in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.