Deadline: 28 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Child Protection Specialist in New York, United States.
The Senior Child Protection Specialist will coordinate the overall activities of the Global Joint Programme, including strategic direction, management and the delivery of results.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Child Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Shape the evolving strategic vision and results-oriented direction for the Global Programme.
- Translate and communicate the essential elements for realizing the strategic vision and programmatic results for key stakeholders/participants in the Global Programme, including governments, senior managers, programme staff and other partners.
- Maintain, refine, communicate and implement a robust results framework with a clearly defined theory of change, linking specific activities to deliverables and outputs and their demonstrable linkage to results.
- Support the establishment of effective monitoring and evaluation plans, processes, indicators and data collection processes for programme elements to supply regular monitoring and reporting on the specified results for the Global Joint Programme.
- Coordinate/ensure the availability of technical experts with UNFPA-UNICEF Regional/CO Offices to ensure timely support throughout all stages of programming/project processes.
- Maintain and expand partnerships that contribute to the achievement of the Global Joint Programme, including UNICEF’s role as Secretariat of the Joint Programme Steering Committee and partnership with academic institutions, global advocacy partners and field implementing partners.
- Serve as main focal point to the Public Partnerships Division (PPD) and the Private Fundraising and Partnerships Division (PFP) for the management of the relationships with current and prospective donors to the Global Joint Programme.
- Liaise with monitoring and evaluation (M&E) colleagues in both UNFPA and UNICEF to facilitate mutual learning in the development of the M&E framework for addressing Child Marriage.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for Child Marriage programming initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Anthropology, Public Health, Education, Gender or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- Current expert knowledge of the latest developments and issues related to Child Marriage.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation or public administration required.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience at the national and international levels, in development planning and management in child marriage and gender and/or other related areas.
- Programmatic implementation and management experience at the field level is required.
- Background in adolescent girls’ issues and intersection with education and/or reproductive health is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas are desirable.
- Programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts are an added advantage.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.