Deadline: 30 April 2021
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Community Relations Specialist in San Francisco, CA, United States.
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month – and its sister sites. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 companies, supported by a community of millions of individual donors.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Community Relations Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Build relationship and facilitate effective engagement between the Wikimedia communities and the Advancement team.
- Communicate plans and updates from the Advancement department to the Wikimedia communities in various channels (facilitated sessions, on-wiki, surveys, etc).
- Facilitate regular feedback sessions with Advancement staff and community members.
- Creatively design and manage the systems, tools, and channels to maximise collaboration and communication with the community.
- Help the Advancement team contextualize and understand community feedback to incorporate into immediate plans and long term strategy.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the Wikimedia movement and other departments that may affect the work of the Advancement team and use excellent judgement to determine needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
- Support the Advancement department by taking on occasional assignments for other department priorities, as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working with multilingual and multicultural online communities.
- Passion for online collaboration and constructive public discussion.
- Experience with hosting and/or participating in healthy, diverse, communication tools and channels.
- Competence working in teams partially or totally remote, sometimes at inconvenient times.
- Emotionally mature and self-reliant.
- Tolerate ambiguity and maintains positive, respectful professional relationships.
- Organized, efficient, proactive, able to meet deadlines.
- Quick-learning and flexible, particularly around online communities, public policies and technologies.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with key stakeholders in styles ranging from precisely detailed to clear and simple, depending on context.
- Fluency in multiple languages.
- Knowledge of Wikimedia communities dynamics, communication tools and channels.
- Experience using MediaWiki software or markup languages like XML, HTML, or TeX.
- Experience with bug tracking and product management tools like Asana or Phabricator.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, Wikimedia Foundation.