International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Editor in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Editor will perform the following functions-
- Be lead editor on and responsible for one of three annual publications, working closely with contributing authors, publication partners and internal staff.
- Edit, write, and/or proofread text and data for a wide variety of publications including annual reports, briefs, brochures, reports, books, magazine articles, blogs and other materials, as assigned.
- Ensure the highest overall editorial quality, including consistency of style, accuracy of content and overall readability.
- Offer well thought-out and concise editorial comments that will significantly improve publications, while still reflecting the author’s voice.
- Collaborate with internal and external authors, editors and designers.
- Work within the schedules provided by the editorial cluster’s team leader.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in international affairs, economics, political science, or journalism, plus at least 5 years of related experience (or a bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of relevant professional experience).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developmental editing, substantive editing, line editing, copy editing, proofreading and original writing for a variety of publication types including books, policy briefs and reports.
- 10 or more years of proven in-depth editorial experience.
- Background knowledge in economics, agriculture, or global health strongly preferred.
- Experience interpreting data for presentation within figures and tables.
- Knowledge of and experience working on international development issues.
- Overseas experience, especially in Africa, Asia or Latin America, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe in Copy.
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience evaluating the presentation of web content.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.