Deadline: 5 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of (Senior) Investment Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The (Senior) Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic mining clients in EMEA as well as banking and multilateral partners in Western Europe to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Work closely with other members of the IFC mining team, regional infrastructure teams, country managers and officers to develop the mining pipeline, strengthen portfolio supervision and explore mining-related infrastructure opportunities.
- Collaborate with regional teams in developing sector and/or regional strategies and support related policy advisory or “upstream” work.
- Review and analyze business opportunities, synthesize information into internal reports for decision making purposes.
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Contribute to dissemination of knowledge about mining within the broader infrastructure team via knowledge pieces, contribution to sector strategies, presentations, case studies, etc.
- Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop junior staff, analysts in the team.
Applicants must have:
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- 7 year’s of experience with a development finance institution (DFI), an international financial institution, a private equity firm or a development organization with tasks related to financing mining projects in emerging markets.
- Experience equity investment and project finance is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the other various infra core sectors (power, transportation, utilities) will be a plus.
- Ability to structure a variety of complex financial instruments (debt and equity).
- Knowledge of record of portfolio management of complex projects.
- Knowledge of business judgment in identifying potential business partners.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to mentor junior investment staff.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.