Deadline: 20 January 2021
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Investment Officer – Equity and Fintech Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Officer – Equity and Fintech Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Promote IFC’s investments in the Fintech sector globally.
- Be the primary contact point between the investment teams located in Latin America and the Fintech global team and maintain relationships with regional investment teams and WBG teams to develop future business opportunities together.
- Develop vertical, regional and country Fintech strategies, mappings, and portfolio composition targets for our investments in Latin America.
- Develop and maintain strong senior industry relationships with investors, companies, government and regulators, development partners, financial sector players to understand the market and trends, identify and invest in opportunities together.
- Build a constant and strong pipeline of potential investments.
- Identify and execute viable investment transactions; maximize development impact and profitability.
- Develop and implement innovative and appropriate financial structures and negotiate and structure complex equity deals.
- Lead project teams for fintech investments including co-supervising and providing guidance and mentoring to junior staff on transaction processing, including conducting company due diligence, valuation, financial analysis, and transaction structuring.
- Lead all fintech expertise and knowledge in the region.
- Provide fintech expertise and equity structuring guidance to investment teams on transactions involving fintech business model aspects.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in a related field and at least 8–12 year’s of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or other related areas.
- Candidates with MBA, CPA, or CFA would have an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of how IFC and WBG work, their corporate strategies and priorities, how they assess risk-reward trade-offs, and how they assess development impact and outcomes.
- Deep understanding of the drivers of the financial sector and how Fintechs act as disrupters or supporters in this space.
- In-depth understanding of sector drivers, business and market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region.
- Proven leadership in analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators.
- Strong credit skills and excellent business judgment.
- Excellent negotiation and equity structuring skills.
- Ability to oversee and provide quality control feedback on financial models prepared by analysts.
- Proven network in the region and capacity to build productive and mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally and externally to identify business opportunities, discuss structuring alternatives, and resolve issues.
- Original thinking / quick learning abilities with strong initiative and drive, as well as attention to details.
- Ability to anticipate market trends that pose risks and opportunities for both new business opportunities and existing portfolio projects, including in complex markets.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.