Deadline: 1 November 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Special Assistant to Director, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Special Assistant to Director, Division of Communications and Strategic Partnerships will perform the following functions:
- Support for strategic planning and management:
- Provide support for the strategic planning and management functions of the Office of the Director.
- Analyze and appraise incoming technical documents, and advise on actions required.
- Technical support:
- Prepare substantive analyses and summaries of reports and documents requiring the Director’s review, comments, clearance and approval.
- Support for monitoring and evaluation:
- Monitor the implementation of tasks assigned by the Director.
- Assist the Director on specific tasks in monitoring and follow-up on the Division’s OMP.
- Support for coordination:
- Coordinate and facilitate the Director’s participation in the Executive Committee and other management committees.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in business administration, social sciences, management, public administration, international development, communication or a related field.
- At least 5 year’s increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of development.
- Proven experience with office management, including work planning and budgeting.
- Strong analytical ability and professional experience in management and policy development.
- Proven affinity with (elements of) the core work of the Division Communications, Strategic Partnerships and Resource mobilization.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.