Deadline: 28 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Specialist, Planning, Performance Monitoring & Assessment in Washington, D.C., United States . The duration of this post is 7 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Specialist, Planning, Performance Monitoring & Assessment will perform the following functions:
- Support the development, maintenance, and update of processes, guidelines, tools and information systems to facilitate the monitoring and assessment of the PAHO Strategic Plans and its Program Budgets (PBs), in collaboration with entities across the PASB.
- Support the review and update the compendium of indicators for the PAHO Strategic Plan and PBs, and the validation of baselines and targets for indicators in collaboration with the Strategic Plan 2020-25 Networks and country offices.
- Support coordination and communication with the planning and program management network (PMN).
- Gather, process, systematize, and analyze information for the preparation of PBE reports, including on the implementation of PAHO Strategic Plan and PBs for Executive Management, WHO and PAHO Governing Bodies.
- Support the implementation of the organization’s operational planning process ensuring the application of the results-based management approach to planning and budgeting, including the review and update of guidelines and tools for BWP development and PMA processes.
- Participate in the review process and provide support to entities in the development of their BWPs and in conducting their PMA exercises in line with established corporate guidelines and technical orientations from PBE.
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of recommendations related to planning and PMA processes, and prepare status reports for PBE’s internal management and for EXM.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and orientation sessions on planning, PMA, budget, and related topics, including the preparation of training materials.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health or social science, business administration, economics, or any other field related to the functions of the position, from a recognized University.
- Training and /or education in results-based management (RBM), planning or project management would be an asset.
- 5 year’s combined national and international work experience in planning, program management, monitoring and assessment, development program implementation or evaluation.
- Experience working with a UN system organization and/or developing countries would be assets.
- Demonstrate ability to assess, analyze, synthesize, and provide recommendations on key department issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a complex organizational environment and re-prioritize actions on short notice when required.
- Knowledge of modern communication and information management technologies.
- Excellent logistical, administrative, and organizational skills to facilitate the implementation of plans and follow-up actions.
- Excellent organizational and analytic skills combined with strong professional oral and writing skills including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents for consideration at the highest levels of the Organization.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of other software programs such as Power Bi, Visio, and use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and or data management systems would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.