Deadline: 3 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist- Hygiene and Sanitation in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist- Hygiene and Sanitation will perform the following functions:
- Lead oversight and engagement of the global private sector initiatives in hygiene and sanitation
- Under the supervision of the Sanitation and Hygiene Senior Advisor, provide technical support in development of six country programmes as part of Phase II of the Lixil partnership.
- Support capacity, coordination and leadership of global hygiene initiatives
- Support the senior adviser on developing a capacity building strategy for the hygiene component of the strategic plan.
- Support reporting and resources mobilization efforts within the Sanitation and Hygiene team
- Under the guidance of the Senior Advisor Sanitation and Hygiene, provide support to development of new proposals and new partnerships.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in public health, public health, education, environmental health, social sciences and engineering (or equivalent experience in specific programming area and/or in relevant field is required.
- Minimum 8 year’s solid professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in WASH development and emergency programming in developing countries.
- At least one year focused specifically in the area of private sector engagement, sanitation, Menstrual Hygiene of hygiene behavior change programming.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.