Deadline: 20 September 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Montevideo, Uruguay.
The Education Officer will be responsible to provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design and management of education related programmes/projects.
- Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health, etc.) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and goal setting.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education related issues to support programme implementation, operations and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and alliances, and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: education, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country and/or have relevant experience in a UN system agency are considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required.
- Nationality of Uruguay.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.