Deadline: 10 October 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Montevideo, Uruguay.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for providing managerial and technical leadership to the Operations Team in the planning, implementation, management, monitoring and control of the delivery of the timely and efficient financial, human resources, administrative (including procurement and logistics) and ICT services that are fully integrated and in support of CO programme and PFP strategies and activities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Establish work plans with the team; set strategies and performance targets and indicators to determine priorities and to monitor progress.
- Supervise work in progress to ensure results are achieved according to plans, objectives, and performance standards/indicators.
- Establish clear individual performance objectives, goals and timelines; and provide timely guidance to enable the team to perform their duties responsibly and efficiently.
- Plan and ensure timely performance management and assessment of the team.
- Participate in country program planning and review meetings to advise on financial program planning and preparation and to determine operational and staffing trends/needs/plans resulting from new programs and business processes.
- Collaborate with audit/evaluation reports to provide answers and to follow to resolution observations and recommendations.
- Routinely monitor financial exception reports to assess unusual activities and transactions and investigate anomalies.
- Supervise and coach HR Assistant in providing technical support to CO colleagues in HR management and policy clarification/application to promote understanding, transparency, and collaboration.
- Plan and implement all administrative needs and services (travel, transportation, logistics etc), including office premises and maintenance, administrative/program equipment and supplies, communications and security arrangements ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for staff and cost-effectiveness and compliance with guidelines and standards of ethics and accountability within the umbrella of the UN Reform.
- Identify and promote different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including web-based office management system, e-signatures, etc.
- Monitor operations performance to identify weakness, areas for improvement and potential problems.
Applicants must have –
- University degree in business administration, accounting, economics, financial management or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of proven successful professional experience in financial management and business operations in an international organization and large corporation at the managerial level is required.
- Experience in a UN system agency or international organization some of which served in a developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.