Deadline: 4 December 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Specialist in Skills Development and Digitalization in Montevideo, Uruguay.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Specialist in Skills Development and Digitalization will perform the following functions-
- Lead CINTERFOR’s activities in the design, development, implementation and certification of a range of digital, hybrid and face-to-face training and capacity development courses, products and activities, aimed at the core clients of TVET institutions, ILO constituents and ILO offices in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Special attention will be given to the rapid and quality-oriented supply of digital and blended courses and solutions, given the high demand for training from institutions.
- Oversee the development and continued updating, as required, of CINTERFOR’s digital platform for delivery of training products and services, knowledge generation and dissemination, interaction between staff, partners and users, in addition to responding to emerging skills demands and training opportunities.
- Offer technical assistance and lead research activities regarding the developments and trends in labour market digitalization and its different manifestations in the way it affects occupations, required skills and new forms of employment, as well as impacts on training programmes for skills development.
- Monitor skills needs and emerging training requirements among TVET institutions and other actors, with the aim of identifying competencies, knowledge and skill sets to be addressed by CINTERFOR’s supply of courses and capacity development, through activities such as tracking data, indicators and recent studies conducted by ILO and other institutions concerning new occupational categories, anticipated skills requirements and skills gaps.
- Develop distance learning solutions on issues of concern for TVET institutions and other actors and collaborate with ILO departments at headquarters, field offices and the ILO International Training Centre in Turin, while drawing broadly upon expertise from TVET institutions, academia, the ILO and other international organizations.
- Oversee and coordinate a team of staff and external collaborators engaged in the analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation, certification and support functions of CINTERFOR’s distance learning and capacity building activities.
- Maintain updated knowledge and expertise in methodological concepts and techniques, new models of curricular development, teacher training and new learning methods, in particular active and inquiry-based learning approaches.
- Ensure high value-added, innovation and quality of training activities delivered using digital, blended and face-to-face modalities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in the field of education, training, economics, information technology or related field.
- 8 year’s of experience at the national level or 4 year’s at the international level in TVET and skills development, including technical assistance and the management, development and delivery of digital and blended training.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.