Deadline: 25 April 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager in Caracas, Venezuela. The duration of this post is 10 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Area Manager will perform the following functions:
- Manage the humanitarian program activities and ensure the achievement of the expected results in Venezuela.
- Ensure that DRC´s set-up in the country, including financial, supply, HR start up is compliant with local rules and regulation.
- Representation, coordination, and external reporting
- Primary DRC representative in the country of operation and attend all relevant fora/meetings to strengthen DRC’s position.
- Foster relationships with Government authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the areas of operation.
- Project Development and Reporting
- Develop further DRC and national partner´s humanitarian program in Venezuela in cooperation with DRC program unit for LAC based in Bogotá.
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of external reports from area of operation.
- Under the supervision of Country Director of DRC Colombia, to ensure a safe and secure environment for DRC staff, beneficiaries, and assets by keeping updated local security procedures.
- Support of DRC Safety and Security unit provide regular security analysis and assessments.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in political science, international development, humanitarian assistance, economics or a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields with at least 7 year’s working experience in similar position.
- Minimum 6 year’s experience in relevant field overseeing humanitarian and development multi-sector, multi-donor programs in complex environments.
- Proven experience in developing emergency response in difficult environments.
- Experience in people management.
- Extensive experience in developing and managing humanitarian programs through partner organizations.
- Extended experience in managing integrated humanitarian programs including protection, food security, WASH and livelihood.
- Practical and extensive financial, Human Resources and administration management.
- Substantial work experience in the areas of emergency operations in rural and urban settings.
- Experience un external stakeholder liaising.
- Previous experience with DRC in emergency context is an asset.
- Experience with relevant donor guidelines (ECHO, UNHCR, DFID, OFDA/BHA, BPRM).
- Proven excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Calm and diplomatic in nature.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to meet deadlines and effective team-player.
- Ability to adapt to a difficult and changing environments.
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English is compulsory.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.