Deadline: 18 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Caracas, Venezuela.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of strategies and action plans to scale up community engagement (CE) and accountability to affected population (AAP) interventions and processes in the Country Programme
- Facilitate the development of a Country Office strategy and plans of action for scaling up AAP that has clear deliverables, indicators and timeframes to enable timely marked improvement in AAP/CCE performance, with a focus on closing the loop (by providing feedback to the community about how their views and inputs were addressed), based on operational modalities, community preferences and global best practice.
- Advocacy, networking and capacity building
- Conduct capacity building needs assessments in AAP and facilitate training, monitoring and reporting efforts at national and subnational levels.
- Serve as the primary focal point within the Country Office on AAP/CCE related issues and be able to provide and regularly update current AAP/Community engagement practices within the Country programme cycle.
- Evidence Generation, Innovation and knowledge management
- In the absence of relevant primary or secondary data, conduct a community engagement and accountability needs assessment to understand community information needs, communications preferences, community dynamics, social norms, cultural beliefs, superstitions and other anthropological factors that could impact programmes.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or other related field is required.
- 5 year’s relevant and progressive experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- 3-5 year’s experience in the humanitarian sector with significant field experience working on AAP/CCE interventions in technical and or leadership role.
- Experience in designing and facilitating participatory sensitization and capacity building sessions at different levels with diverse, multicultural teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a challenging and highly fluid environment, flexibility and the ability to handle constant change.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.