Deadline: 17 August 2017
USAID is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Development Assistance Specialist in Hanoi, Vietnam.
USAID partner to end extreme poverty and promote resilient, democratic societies while advancing our security and prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Development Assistance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Incumbent of this position will advise the Program Development Office (PDO) Director and Deputy Director, USAID’s Director and Deputy Director, the Office of Acquisition and Assistance, and USAID’s technical teams on all aspects of USAID’s program performance monitoring and evaluation; ensure that progress toward intended results is monitored, recorded and reported upon in accordance with USAID policy guidance; and advise and train all Mission Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) and Assistance Officer Representatives (AORs) and implementing partners on the design, implementation and modification of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL), plan for their respective contracts and grants.
- The incumbent will provide final USAID-level clearance on all evaluations of USAID’s projects/activities.
- Applicant will also support USAID Project Design and Budget Team in applying lessons learned from mid-term and post-project/activity evaluations to new project/activity designs.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s or University degree in a field related to monitoring and evaluation and performance/statistical research and analysis, including economics, applied mathematics/statistics, public or business administration, organizational/management theory and practice, demography, social science or related field, is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in program and financial management in the public or private sector, at least 2 years of which should have been working with or for a foreign government, international NGO, foreign donor agency, or foreign company.
- Previous experience must include Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), and having responsibility for exercising judgment and providing solid analysis leading to sound program evaluation and project design on development assistance projects.
- Fluency Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their applications to the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit USAID.