Deadline: 20 June 2016
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Specialist in Hanoi, Vietnam. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support in gender equality and women’s empowerment to the program.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide direct technical assistance and guidance on women’s economic empowerment to the program and its delivery partners.
- Support the development of tools, systems, processes and approaches that continuously improve technical excellence and impact in the area of transformative approaches to women’s economic empowerment.
- Lead, coordinate, support, and/or conduct gender and power analyses, effectiveness and efficacy studies, appraisal, evaluation and needs assessments as required by the program.
- Assist with quantitative/qualitative assessments in communities and among ethnic minority households to assess effectiveness of interventions and impact.
- Support delivery partners to understand the role of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment for the Program impact groups.
- Ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment criteria are well integrated into market-systems approaches.
- Work closely with other technical specialists to integrate gender across all Program components.
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge sharing community around gender-transformative practices amongst delivery partners.
- Serve as a key spokesperson in Viet Nam on issues related to ethnic minority women’s economic empowerment.
- Represent work being done in gender-transformation and ethnic minority women’s economic empowerment under the Program in relevant internal and external forums.
Applicants must have-
- MSc or Ph.D. in international development, gender studies, agriculture or other relevant fields of study or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 7 years of experience working on international development projects in the areas of gender, women’s economic empowerment and private sector development.
- Past experience in Vietnam or Southeast Asia is desirable.
- Past experience on DFAT-funded projects is strongly desirable.
- Experience in conducting gender analysis and developing recommendations on integration of gender into programming.
- Experience in conducting participatory training and capacity building on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Experience in ensuring gender transformative approaches are mainstreamed across programs, including training materials, monitoring, operations, policies and procedures.
- Significant experience working on donor-funded programmes.
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral communications and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.