Deadline: 30 June 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Economist in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Economist will perform the following functions-
- Collaborate in the building process of a Vietnam database of the Livestock Policy Simulation Model (LPSM).
- Build Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) using the most recent supply and use tables,
disaggregate the SAM to single out the pig sector as well as other productive sectors relevant to the livestock value chain.
- Gather other non-SAM data required to calibrate LPSM and generate its baseline scenario.
- Define the non-base (or counterfactual) scenarios that will be assessed using LPSM.
- Collaborate with the data gathering process and budgets preparation in order to estimate nominal and effective protection coefficients for the pork production and marketing chain, in order to assess its current and potential competitiveness within the context of international markets.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, agriculture economics, development economics, animal health economics, or related fields.
- At least 7 year’s relevant experience in quantitative policy analysis.
- Experience in the publication of academic papers is peer review journals.
- Work knowledge of English and excellent analytical writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using software such as R, GAMS, or STATA.
- Nationality of Vietnam.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.