Deadline: 5 July 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Specialist on Agronomy in Viet Nam. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Specialist on Agronomy will perform the following functions-
- Organize and participate in the inception workshop of the project to discuss project objectives with stakeholders and develop a detailed work plan of the project.
- Conduct a mid-term national workshop towards the end of the first year to present and review the project’s progress and share best practices.
- Support organization of the field days and exchange visits for both men and women farmers to demonstrate greenhouse vegetable and seedling production.
- Support the implementing partner in setting up the demonstration plots.
- Support the implementing partner in the preparation of training and training materials, such as farmer-oriented brochures, posters and guidelines on greenhouse vegetable production.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in agronomy or horticulture.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in greenhouse crop production.
- High Proficiency in English and Vietnamese – spoken and in writing.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the UN system.
- Excellent communication and net-working skills.
- Nationality of Vietnam.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.