Deadline: 1 July 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor – WASH in Kalemie, Democratic Republic Congo. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Advisor – WASH will perform the following functions-
- Programme Planning, Management and Development:
- Provide technical oversight and supervision of all WASH project to ensure high quality WASH programming.
- Support the PMs of the WASH projects to ensure that all resources (technical, financial, HR) are in place to implement the different projects of the WASH programme.
- Identify, and plan for assessments of sites for the implementation of planned engineering works as per agreed proposals.
- Oversee the design of the assigned engineering works, following best international and humanitarian best practice and in line with Concern, donor and local authority policies and guidelines.
- Human Resources Manager and Capacity Building
- Train Concern and key partner staff on technical WASH activities.
- Lead staff and support the management of WASH staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
- Provide technical support and on-going on-the-job training and coaching to staff.
- Ensure efficient team deployment through a system of up-to-date job descriptions developed in line with Concern organizational structure.
- Regularly review and recommend staffing structure reviews to the Programmes Director.
- Ensure that all staff is aware of and comply with Concern’s policies and procedures.
Applicants must have-
- BSc in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, or any related Engineering field.
- Minimum 3 year’s WASH experience including at least 2 year’s at management level.
- Thorough technical knowledge of water supply construction and maintenance, including experience with household level sanitation, hygiene promotion, community mobilization, participatory planning and environmental conservation.
- Fluency English and French – written and spoken.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation techniques and a good grasp of project cycle management.
- Experience working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including local authorities, partners, and other I/NGOs.
- Thorough understanding of budgetary, HR and procurement processes.
- Very strong English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player, flexible and politically and culturally sensitive.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Concern Worldwide.