Deadline : 5 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party in Nepal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Support chief of party (COP) with overall project leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors.
- Support overall management of Surhket field office including direct supervision of technical leads and administrative staff.
- Serve as liaison with local and regional partners, host government, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision.
- Support work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Serve in acting COP capacity when necessary.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (i.e., a postgraduate degree, especially a Master’s or Doctorate Degree) or Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, water and natural resource management, WASH/sanitation, international development, or related field; if the candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree, the candidate must have at least 7 year’s of related work experience.
- Minimum 5 year’s of senior management experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO, managing an office or program of similar size.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in international development preferably in water, sanitation, and hygiene or watershed management, particularly in South Asia.
- Experience in strengthening policy frameworks and capacity of local governments, utilities, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities and diverse teams.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, including management of a team of at least 10 people.
- Experience with remote supervision/management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, managing, and/or leading monitoring and evaluation processes; grants under contract; and/or gender, equality, and social inclusion initiatives a plus.
- Experience in South or Southeast Asia required.
- Experience in Karnali region of western Nepal is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.