Deadline: 5 August 2019
WWF-India is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Hydrologist- Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy in New Delhi, India.
WWF-India’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Hydrologist will perform the following functions-
- Undertake hydrological assessment and studies in various River basins in India.
- Support the Environmental Flows (E-Flows) initiatives, by providing hydrological and hydraulics related inputs to the team
- Assist in studies pertaining to trade-off analysis, scenario building as part of (i) E-Flows realization plans and (ii) basin management plans.
- Support integration of E-Flows into management plans of critical river basins.
- Compile, create and analyse Geospatial data from multiple sources relevant for hydrological studies and develop create customized basin maps using ArcGIS/QGIS or any other GIS software.
- Undertake field visits and provide support for local coordination and liaison with stakeholders, partners and the team (as the case may be) for the above tasks.
- Responsible for developing reports and documents pertaining to hydrological and hydraulics studies.
- Undertake field visits and provide support for local coordination and liaison with stakeholders, partners and the team (as per the requirement).
- Responsible for drafting of technical reports and documents pertaining to hydrological, hydraulics and basin studies.
- Support organizing of deliberations / meetings / workshops.
- Representation of team’s work at different forums.
- Any other task, as may be entrusted by the reporting officer or by the Director – Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Hydrology/Water Resources/Environmental Science (M.E./M. Tech.) from a reputed institution.
- Proficiency with understanding of hydrology and environmental issues.
- Experience in working with hydrological and hydraulics modelling tools.
- Experience in working on components of riverine ecosystems/basin planning.
- Over 3-4 year’s experiences in water resources in general and working with geospatial software’s like ArcGIS/QGIS/ERDAS in particular.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning applicant’s full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references via email at the address given on the website, with “Hydrologist”, as the subject line.
For more information, please visit WWF-India.