Deadline: 6 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Water and Living Environment) in Seoul, South Korea. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer (Water and Living Environment) will perform the following functions-
- Plan, implement, monitor the technical activities of the Water and Living Environment unit, in close collaboration with the Regional Office.
- Communicate and consult the governmental and nongovernmental stakeholders of hosting country on administrative and technical issues as mandated by the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Centre signed in January 2019.
- Prepare for and facilitate working groups, meetings and workshops for capacity building and programme implementation to address the subject areas of Water and Living Environment unit.
- Assist the Head of Centre in communicating with ministries of health, ministries of environment and other institutions of the Asia-Pacific Forum on Health and Environment through reports, teleconferences, meetings etc., in close collaboration with the Regional Office.
- Assist the preparation of missions involving WHO staff and external consultants and help in following up their recommendations.
- Perform other relevant duties as required by the Head of Centre.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree (master’s level or higher) in environmental health specialized in water and living environment (chemical safety, WASH, environmental epidemiology, toxicology, etc.).
- At least 7 years’ experience in programme management, technical assistance, and/or resource mobilization.
- Work experience in project management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) and writing of progress reports particularly under tight schedule, meeting deadlines.
- High level of knowledge on the health impact of toxic chemicals, noise and WASH.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of professional and personal conduct.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.