Deadline: 6 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Water and Living Environment) in Seoul, South Korea. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer (Water and Living Environment) will perform the following functions-
- Plan, implement, monitor the technical activities of the Water and Living Environment unit, in close collaboration with the Regional Office.
- Communicate and consult the governmental and nongovernmental stakeholders of hosting country on administrative and technical issues as mandated by the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Centre signed in January 2019.
- Prepare for and facilitate working groups, meetings and workshops for capacity building and programme implementation to address the subject areas of Water and Living Environment unit.
- Assist the Head of Centre in communicating with ministries of health, ministries of environment and other institutions of the Asia-Pacific Forum on Health and Environment through reports, teleconferences, meetings etc., in close collaboration with the Regional Office.
- Assist the preparation of missions involving WHO staff and external consultants and help in following up their recommendations.
- Perform other relevant duties as required by the Head of Centre.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree (master’s level or higher) in environmental health specialized in water and living environment (chemical safety, WASH, environmental epidemiology, toxicology, etc.).
- At least 7 years’ experience in programme management, technical assistance, and/or resource mobilization.
- Work experience in project management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) and writing of progress reports particularly under tight schedule, meeting deadlines.
- High level of knowledge on the health impact of toxic chemicals, noise and WASH.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of professional and personal conduct.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.