Deadline: 21 August 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Water Supply and Sanitation Officer in Libreville, Gabon.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Water Supply and Sanitation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical advice/assistance to RMCs to develop their water and sanitation sector.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank Group Water and Sanitation Sector policy and provide technical advice/guidance to introduce and monitor the implementation of the policy.
- Identify, prepare and evaluate water and sanitation projects and programmes, together with multisector projects and programmes in Gabon and central region.
- Identify and coordinate the co-financing needs of the country/region’s projects/programmes and make funding proposals.
- Supervise portfolio projects in accordance with Bank rules and procedures.
- Perform project completion missions with a view to preparing project completion reports.
- Conduct project preparation and appraisal missions in the water and sanitation sector.
- Provide guidance in the region to supervise staff, monitor the portfolio, the loan programme and the Division’s indicators.
Applicants must have-
- At least Master’s or equivalent Degree in Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Supply, Sanitation, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of project management is an asset for the position.
- Minimum 6 year’s of proven and relevant professional experience in monitoring and managing water and sanitation projects, especially in Africa.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the activities of other multilateral and bilateral institutions that finance the water and sanitation sector.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the challenges of the water and sanitation sector, and ability to support RMCs in designing appropriate projects and programmes in the sector.
- Show good professional experience in water and sanitation project development, and technical support for projects.
- Possess strong experience working in a multicultural environment and leading project preparation and appraisal teams.
- Demonstrate strong ability to build and lead motivated and committed teams for project preparation and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in the use of common Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.).
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.