Deadline: 11 August 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Djibouti.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Participate in needs assessments and survey on a need basis.
- Participate in site selection and preliminary planning and design.
- Assist and provide inputs in preparation of Bill of Quantities and technical drawings for both WASH and shelter infrastructures.
- Work with the OIC, shelter officer, and the WASH coordinator in the supervision of all NRC infrastructure projects (WASH and Shelter) in the assigned location.
- Provide technical and supervisory support to contractors/technicians and community artisans in the assigned projects.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend improvements in the project and materials based on observations and discussions with the shelter, WASH staff and the contractors.
- Represent NRC in the community meetings, WASH/shelter or emergency response meetings in close collaboration with the OIC, shelter officer and WASH coordinator.
- Coordinate and participate in planning and execution of workshops & Trainings.
- Prepare and submit scheduled reports as per M&E reporting matrix.
- Supervise the construction and rehabilitation of latrines, drainage and other relevant Sanitation facilities and ensuring the highest quality, WASH standards and as per specified technical drawings.
Applicants must have:
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience supervising WASH/Shelter infrastructure sites and community work in rural and urban areas in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Diploma in civil Engineering or technical certificates in masonry, plumbing and carpentry with relevant technical work experience.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience of working with Refugee/Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) related issues would be preferred.
- Hands on experience working on WASH and Shelter infrastructure sites.
- Proficiency in MS Office software (especially Work and excel) and Auto CAD is essential.
- Nationality of Djibouti.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.