Deadline: 17 July 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Manager Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) will perform the following functions:
- Project Set-up:
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates.
- Project Management:
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team to deliver effective development results.
- Ensure planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Project quality assurance:
- Take responsibility for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards.
- Contract Management & Project Accounting:
- Manage and account for full compliance of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and donor requirements
- People Management & Team Leadership:
- Guide, develop, coache and motivate team members
- Manage Relationships:
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with local and national governments, private sector partners, institutions and stakeholders.
- Manage donor relations and the donor contract.
- Business development:
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with team, external partners and the donor(s).
- Signal and act on potential for positioning, innovation, upscaling and potential follow up on projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field.
- 7+ year’s of relevant experience in WASH service delivery including at least 5 year’s in a management role, preferably in West Africa with an understanding of the context in Burkina Faso.
- Knowledge of good governance practices, and approaches dealing with gender-sensitive, social inclusion and empowerment principles.
- Knowledge and experience with market-based approaches in WASH, and sanitation as a business, as well as the linkage of WASH with IWRM and governance.
- Proven track record in resource mobilization.
- Demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management.
- Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management.
- Entrepreneurial skills and attitude, as well as commitment to work for local partners and in remote areas.
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills.
- Self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.