Deadline: 23 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Program Director in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Program Director will perform the following functions:
- Manage performance and staff development of the Regional Programme department.
- Ensure current donor relations are well managed and explore potential new donor opportunities within the region.
- Ensure strategic programme development in the region in line with global programme initiatives.
- Provide guidance and ensure support and capacity building related to Project Cycle Management (PCM), M&E framework, integrated programming and programme quality in the region, including the integration of relevant cross-cutting issues such as protection, safe programming, and access.
- Liaise with Country Directors and Country Offices’ Heads of Programme to explore and create synergies, and ensure effective and constructive communication between related functions and COs.
- Provide contextual programme analysis as input to the regional strategy, annual and trimestrial reports.
- Ensure organisational learning from programme implementation and overall programme capacity building in the region.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Strategic senior-level manager with a minimum of 7 year’s of relevant management experience from the humanitarian field.
- Solid understanding of the context in Central and West Africa.
- Good knowledge of your own leadership profile and have a passion for working with people from different places and backgrounds.
- Positive and energetic person who will encourage people to engage and interact and can empower and build trust in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact and respect as well as being strong at initiating performance and change.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile context, have high professional knowledge of humanitarian principles and proven abilities to handle insecure environments.
- Working experience from one or several of NRC’s Core Competencies (Shelter, WASH, ICLA, Education, Food Security, Camp Management) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal is a must as well as documented results related to the position’s responsibility.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.