Deadline: 5 June 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sector Leader Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Sector Leader Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks.
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team.
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting.
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes.
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors and consultants.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programs in line with SNV’s internal frameworks.
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV market position and actively participate in external and internal networks.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field.
- 7+ year’s of relevant experience in WASH service delivery (specifically in sanitation – urban and rural) including at least 5 year’s in a management role, preferably in ES Africa with an understanding of the Zambia context.
- Knowledge of good governance practices, and approaches dealing with gender-sensitive, social inclusion and empowerment principles.
- Knowledge and experience with market-based approaches in WASH, and sanitation as a business.
- Proven track record in resource mobilization; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management.
- Up to date knowledge and experience with community-led approaches to sanitation, and pro-poor sector development in WASH.
- Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management.
- Entrepreneurial skills and attitude, as well as commitment to work for clients and in remote areas.
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, visit SNV.