Deadline: 1 July 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Water Resources Management Specialist in Bucharest, Romania. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Senior Water Resources Management Specialist will be to lead, supervise, provide written inputs and guide the work of the team working on the different steps leading to the elaboration of the 2nd cycle of the FRMPs due under the EU Floods Directive.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Water Resources Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the Government of Romania in the preparation of its draft Flood Risks Management Plans (FRMPs) for eleven river basins in Romania and one for the Danube River.
- Prepare a draft stocktaking and preparation report with a description of the project implementation approach and methodology, work plan and encountered constraints to effective implementation of the study.
- Provide input and lead the preparation of detailed ToRs and technical specifications for the activities that are to be implemented under the project.
- Establish a coherent work plan for the team and ensure integration of activities (detailed implementation plan, work schedule, and staffing schedule).
- Propose outline of the main reports and ensure timely delivery and consistency of working papers and other text contributions of the team members.
- Throughout the RAS implementation and preparation of deliverables, comment and consolidate draft inputs from the team members into the planned deliverables (draft and final reports).
- Draft substantial sections of the RAS planned deliverables and ensure quality of the final reports (e.g., including updates agreed following Bank’s review process and Client’s comments).
- Ensure timely submission of the deliverables and the inputs to the semi-annual progress reports to the Client.
- Observe field activities of the team and monitor the progress of the implementation of the work plan; instruct any corrective measure.
- Address any key strategic issues that need attention if the activity is unlikely to achieve its purpose.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, economics, institutional development, water resources management, or other fields relevant for water sector development.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in Water Resources Management, mainly focused on floods and disaster risk management part of it in an EU context.
- Demonstrated significant relevant knowledge and practical experience in the EU context with the preparation of Flood Hazard and Risk Maps and Flood Risk Management Plans, including related data collection and modeling activities.
- Successful involvement in the preparation and/or implementation of Flood Risk Management Plans in line with the EU Floods Directive, preferably in a leading or coordinating role.
- Familiarity with European environmental and water acquis, including the Floods Directive, Water Framework Directive and relevant daughter directives, and their implementation in EU Member States.
- Demonstrated track record of bringing together analytical work, policy advice and operational activities to support clients in responding to a broad water security agenda.
- Significant understanding of European environmental requirements.
- Prior involvement, preferably in leading role, in stakeholder engagement and complex stakeholder consultations processes.
- Effective communication and timely and high-quality report writing skills are essential to this assignment.
- Land use and spatial planning experience is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.