Deadline: 29 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter and WASH Officer in Kaya, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The purpose of the Shelter and WASH Officer position is to ensure the day-to-day implementation of projects and to provide technical support in the development of projects
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter and WASH Officer will perform following functions:
- Conduct technical assessments to identify Shelter / AME and WASH needs of the conflict-affected population.
- Facilitate the engagement of displaced and host communities to finalize emergency models for Shelters and WASH facilities (through focus group – FDG, key informant consultation, etc.).
- Contribute to the beneficiary selection process, from discussing vulnerability criteria at the community level to identifying the most vulnerable, using a participatory approach.
- Contribute to finalizing the modeling of emergency and medium-term facilities (shelter solutions, sanitation facilities, water supply, etc.), including technical drawings, estimated and quantitative specifications, as well as the composition of AME kits and WASH, in accordance with sectoral norms and standards and adapted to the sociocultural and climatic context.
- Perform quality control of building materials.
- Implement Shelter and WASH activities in accordance with project documents, including technical training support to beneficiaries, shelter distribution, WASH kits and supervision of emergency and medium-term facilities.
- Facilitate collaboration with local authorities and other partners.
- If necessary, participate in the Shelter and WASH Cluster sector coordination meetings at the grassroots level.
- Contribute to the drafting of periodic reports through the collection of data and relevant information.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues, such as protection of the most vulnerable, gender mainstreaming and environmental protection, are integrated into the implementation of Shelter and WASH.
- Contribute to the monitoring and final evaluation of activities (PDM, PIM, etc.).
- Ensure that activities are developed in accordance with humanitarian principles.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in civil engineering / water management / architecture or equivalent.
- Professional experience in a similar role and in a humanitarian context, preferably with humanitarian NGOs.
- Computer Knowledge (MS Office, AutoCAD).
- Mastering French.
- Knowledge of English and local languages is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Sahel, North Center, North and East regions .
- Excellent communication skills with affected communities.
- Ability to take initiatives, identify opportunities and proactively propose ideas and solutions.
- Nationality of Burkina Faso.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.