Deadline: 4 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter Coordinator in Kunar, Afghanistan.
The Shelter Coordinator will be responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the WASH projects across the country.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant projects.
- Day to day management and implementation of project activities (budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Ensure relation with relevant stakeholders including PEDs, DEDs, DoRRs and other community stakeholders.
Contribute to the revised budgets as required.
- Develop/ensure procedures for the implementation of the construction programme in accordance with NRC principles and ways of working.
- Exchange on a regular basis idea /information with team, PMs and APM.
- Document technical issues and questions, and channel to the PMs through the APM.
- Communicate regularly with the NRC construction staff, offering support and advice as relevant and taking note of their experiences and suggestions.
- Ensure a constructive co-operation with Area and country authorities.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree on civil engineering.
- Minimum 3 years experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context with construction and hard education, shelter, WASH.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical Shelter and WASH expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Pashto, Dari and English, both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.