Deadline: 28 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter / WASH Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 7 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Shelter / WASH Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Identify implementation opportunities for cash-based interventions and market based programmes and support staff implement quality timely programmes.
- Contribute to creating an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, working with support teams in the institutionalisation of cash (capacity building, guidance and SOP development).
- Lead the design and development of all Shelter/WASH activities (including proposal development).
- Lead the assessment of Shelter/WASH needs assessment as regularly as required and advise accordingly.
- Monitor quality of Shelter & WASH work progress as per the agreed proposal and budget.
- Work with the Programme support team, in particular the Logistics and Finance team on Market assessments.
- Supervise and monitor construction of Shelter & WASH facilities in accordance to approved work plan, budgets, technical specifications and/or terms of reference (ToR), in coordination with sanitation/hygiene team.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Shelter and/or WASH background training in the technical field like B.Civil Engineering, B. Vocational Studies & Technological Studies with Education, Or B. Of Construction Management.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of Shelter/WASH Projects.
- Experience in a humanitarian (emergency) and development of Shelter/WASH programme preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in budget monitoring and budget control.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups.
- Input to decision making and/or on the scope, size and quality of the programme.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of local language of South West Uganda is highly desirable.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.