Deadline: 28 May 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter / WASH Coordinator in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 7 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter / WASH Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Identify implementation opportunities for cash-based interventions and market based programmes and support staff implement quality timely programmes.
- Contribute to creating an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, working with support teams in the institutionalisation of cash (capacity building, guidance and SOP development).
- Lead the design and development of all Shelter/WASH activities (including proposal development).
- Lead the assessment of Shelter/WASH needs assessment as regularly as required and advise accordingly.
- Monitor quality of Shelter & WASH work progress as per the agreed proposal and budget.
- Work with the Programme support team, in particular the Logistics and Finance team on Market assessments.
- Supervise and monitor construction of Shelter & WASH facilities in accordance to approved work plan, budgets, technical specifications and/or terms of reference (ToR), in coordination with sanitation/hygiene team.
Applicants must have:
- Shelter and/or WASH background training in the technical field like B.Civil Engineering, B. Vocational Studies & Technological Studies with Education, Or B. Of Construction Management.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of Shelter/WASH Projects.
- Experience in a humanitarian (emergency) and development of Shelter/WASH programme preferably with an INGO.
- Experience in budget monitoring and budget control.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups.
- Input to decision making and/or on the scope, size and quality of the programme.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) is essential.
- Experience with other computer programs such as SAP 2000 and Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of local language of South West Uganda is highly desirable.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.