Deadline: 29 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Shelter / Wash Coordinator in Kaya, Burkina Faso. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The purpose of the Shelter / Wash Coordinator is to provide specific technical support for the development of NRC Shelter / AME and WASH program in Burkina Faso.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Shelter / Wash Coordinator will perform following functions:
- Coordinate the Shelter and WASH team at field level.
- Develop evaluation forms and technical monitoring tools, in collaboration with M & E staff and PDM.
- Identify beneficiary selection processes based on vulnerability criteria and coordinate technical assessments for needs identification in the Shelter / MEA and WASH sector.
- Contribute to the development of the program and the writing of project proposals.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues, such as protection of the most vulnerable, gender mainstreaming and environmental protection, are integrated into program design.
- Develop, model emergency and medium-term facilities (shelter solutions, sanitation facilities, water supply, etc.), including technical drawings, estimated and quantitative specifications and composition of AME and WASH kits, in accordance with sectoral norms and standards and adapted to the sociocultural and climatic context.
- Coordinate the implementation and supervision of Shelter / AME and WASH activities in accordance with project documents.
- Write internal and external periodic project reports.
- Support the logistics team in market research related to building materials and MEA / WASH kits and through technical support for the development of procurement procedures.
- Ensure that the program is developed in accordance with humanitarian principles.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in civil engineering / water management / architecture or relevant degree.
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in a similar field, preferably with humanitarian NGOs.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, AutoCAD, GIS).
- Mastering French.
- Knowledge of English and local languages is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Sahel, North Center, North and East regions .
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take initiatives, identify opportunities and proactively propose ideas and solutions.
- Nationality of Burkina Faso.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.