Deadline: 31 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader – WASH in Khokha, Yemen. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Team Leader – WASH will ensure the proper implementation of all WASH and Shelter/WASH programs in the west coast and work with government authorities, local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of project activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader – WASH will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the buy-in and participation of local communities in project activities.
- Capacitate and manage project staff and field operations in various governorates.
- Oversee the design and implementation of baseline and KAP surveys and other data collection activities.
- Work closely with WASH and Shelter teams for the implementation of Shelter/CCCM /WASH activities and provide them with technical instructions on works, implementation and compliance.
- Review BoQs and procure technical services in line with DRC contracting procedures.
- Monitor/supervise technical interventions to ensure they are implemented according to agreed standards and within budget / take appropriate remedial action if/when these standards are not being met.
- Support Project officers and assistant in implementing Shelter and WASH projects’ strategy, meeting the objectives and ensure quality implementation of the field activities in compliance with DRC and donor regulations; continuously support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
- Identify and prepare ToRs and contracts for technical consultants, as needed.
- With the QA team, develop and implement mechanisms to monitor projects performance, in consultation with local stakeholders, against work plans and project targets.
- Participate in coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports, as needed, and attend DRC regular meetings.
- Ensure staff compliance with DRC’s Code of Conduct and humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Liaise regularly with WASH AND SHELTER/WASH partners and represent DRC in WASH AND SHELTER/WASH cluster and partners’ meetings.
- Proactively ensure identification of new areas of intervention and identification of upcoming needs.
- Support the set-up of information management systems at the sites, including the collection and provision of data and the transparent sharing of the information with relevant stakeholders.
- To provide technical assistance, coaching and counselling on WASH and Shelter interventions in the designated area of operations and across program.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the WASH Manager to advance DRC’s work.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor/Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to IDPs.
- Proven skills in building relationships with stakeholders at the community, local, and national levels.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights.
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts.
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of field specific software, such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions.
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to unexpected and challenging problems.
- Fluency in Arabic is a required.
- Fluency in English is a required.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.