Deadline: 31 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH and Shelter Coordinator in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The WASH & Shelter Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of WASH and Shelter activities in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states, Nigeria with a primary focus on providing emergency lifesaving access to water, sanitation, hygiene and shelter/NFIs for conflict-affected IDPs/returnees and host communities in North East Nigeria.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH and Shelter Coordinator will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes for the achievement of the WASH and shelter output results and ensure effective collaboration with other WASH and Shelter actors.
- With other external support agencies, analyze north east Nigeria WASH and shelter sector challenges, trends, programmes and projects, with a focus on WASH and shelter outcomes, using frameworks, analysis and tools available in the sector.
- Produce materials for WASH and shelter programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund-raising.
- Interact with global and regional initiatives and partnerships for WASH.
- Monitor, report and certify the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations / procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report issues to the DRC’s senior management for timely resolution.
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems), ensuring rigorous monitoring and wide sharing of results.
- Prepare learning / knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Initiate and contribute to the systematic assessment of WASH sector capacity gap analysis, in collaboration with government and other stakeholders, and support the design of initiatives to strengthen capacities systematically.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil/Water Engineering, Architecture or Construction.
- Master’s Degree in above fields will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s experience in planning, implementing and evaluating WASH and Shelter/NFI projects.
- Thorough knowledge of WASH and Shelter/NFIs operations and implementation.
- Good IT skills (especially MS Office).
- Highly self-driven while striving for perfection under minimum supervision.
- Hands on experience in Project Planning and Management.
- Experience working in emergency response with INGOs, preferably in a humanitarian context.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit DRC.