Deadline: 1 March 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant in Kunar, Afghanistan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the WASH portfolio according to plan of action.
- Implement independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Responsible to carry out community and school level assessments related to water supply and sanitation hygiene’s condition.
- Develop hygiene training materials and prepare methodology and agenda for the implementation in hygiene awareness sessions.
- Conduct schools and community level hygiene practices sessions and training’s.
- Prepare/ contribute to technical assessments related to WASH (Latrine, bore wells, hand-washing facilities etc.).
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Monitor WaSH activities regularly and within the agreed time frame.
- Responsible for raising purchase request (PRs), and distribution of hygiene materials.
- Work under the direct supervision of Shelter officer/Coordinator to conduct hygiene promotion trainings, awareness sessions and community mobilizations.
- Actively Participate in conduction of KAP1 and KAP2 surveys.
- Monitor the WASH activities and the impact of the sensitizing sessions by KAP-1 and KAP-2 surveys.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- 2 year’s experience from working in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, WASH or technical field.
- Ideally a relevant community mobilization qualification.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Bachelor Degree Civil Engineering / Public health Institute.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting rapid emergency assessments in projects.
- Experience in working in insecure / conflict environments.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Good cultural, social, political and security knowledge of the area.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with strong experience.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.