Deadline: 14 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant -Water Quality Monitoring in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The WASH Assistant -Water Quality Monitoring will be responsible for water treatment, and monitoring of Free Residual Chlorine (FRC) to ensure the community is supplied with safe and clean water in accordance with the set standards.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The WASH Assistant -Water Quality Monitoring will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Daily chlorination of water produced in the camp.
- Regularly maintain and operate chemical water treatment process.
- Service and repair of the inline automatic chlorine dosing pumps.
- Ensure regular cleaning of water reservoirs (Ferro-cement tanks and steel tanks).
- Inspection of water treatment systems on daily basis to ensure effective operations.
- Record daily information from water quality monitors.
- Ensure that chlorine solution is prepared in the required percentage and in the right quantities.
- Perform all duties of the water quality analyst at his /her absence.
- Carry out weekly assessment of FRC of each reticulating line tap stands and house hold levels aimed at maintaining UNHCR standard of 0.5 mg /l at every tap stand and 0.2 mg/l at house hold levels.
- Collect sample for bacteriological analysis on monthly basis and analysis of the samples. Samples for analysis are collected from high risk areas.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Diploma or Higher National Diploma in water engineering, Analytical chemistry Analytical lab or any other relevant course from a recognized institution.
- Experience in WASH Programmes of at least 3 year’s experience in a humanitarian and development programme preferably with an NGO.
- Ability to perform water quality sampling, analysis and assist in water quality investigations and quality assurance programs.
- Ability to assist with programming and coordinating water quality monitoring.
- Competent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and email communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good laboratory work skills, ability to think and operate independently, and considerable concentration and creativity.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit NRC.