Deadline: 14 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant – Water supply in Kibondo, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Assistant – Water supply will perform the following functions-
- Supervise masons, contractors and unskilled labourer’s during repairs and construction of WASH related facilities (water tap-stands, valve chambers, operator sheds, pipe installations & repairs and other water works).
- Track construction materials supplied and utilized during construction.
- Monitor closely bursts, leakages and repairs in the water supply network and lead, manage skilled & unskilled work force to maintaining the water facilities.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of all water supply tools and materials and at the same time tracking and keeping records on the same.
- Supervise the borehole attendants/operators to ensure un-interrupted water supply to the beneficiaries.
- Provide technical support to the borehole attendants, tap-stand monitors and WASH Committees in the daily operations and on O&M.
- Lead the repair team in pressure regulation for equitable portable water distribution in the reticulation system, in line with the set water regime and SPHERE/UNCHR standards.
- In collaboration with the WASH Project Officer and WASH Committees work out practical ways of ensuring equitable distribution of water in the camp.
- On a daily and weekly basis record and report to supervisor all the works done in the field.
- Update and keep record and data on the daily water production monitoring sheet and submitting it to WASH Project Officer on a weekly basis for reporting.
- Inspect and certify any pipe repair work done by the repair team before backfilling the soil to ensure quality workmanship is maintained.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 or 5 year’s proven experience for degree or Diploma holder respectively in working / programming in either relief or development including managing a large-scale Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects.
- Good experience in supervising, training, and coaching staff.
- Good understanding of SPHERE and other international standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Flexibility in approach to work methods, compliance with tight deadlines and ability to adapt to changing priorities and unforeseen increased workloads.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.